The following was taken from Arlington Heights Police records on Dec. 28.
- Two women were arrested at 8:24 p.m. Dec. 23 and charged with retail theft for allegedly putting items from Kohl’s, 800 W. Dundee Road, into their purses and leaving without paying. A 21-year-old Schaumburg woman allegedly stole an Usher fragrance, a Sean John I Am King fragrance, an Apartment Nine purse and a Candie’s Zebra bra — valued together at $159.40. A 25-year-old Wheeling woman allegedly stole a Nautica Blue fragrance, Kenneth Cole Black fragrance, an Adidas jacket and Disney watch — valued together at $169.99. Both women are due in court Feb. 6.
- Three shoe boxes containing Vans and Bear Paw boots were stolen from Shoe Carnival, 430 E. Rand Road, at 9:36 a.m. Dec. 24. Two men were seen taking the boxes.
- A black leather purse and wallet — valued together at $290 and containing two cell phones, credit and debit cards and about $25 cash — were stolen from a shopping cart at Jewel, 440 E. Rand Road, between 1:45 and 2 p.m. Dec. 24.
- Two vehicles parked next to each other at Cooper’s Hawk Restaurant, 798 W. Algonquin Road, were burglarized between 5:45 and 10 p.m. Dec. 22. A black backpack — valued at $20 and containing a cell phone, valued at $25, and a passport — were stolen from a silver 2009 Ford Fusion. The front passenger side window shattered. A backpack containing an HP laptop, Kindle — valued at $135 — and some paperwork was stolen from a 2004 Toyota Sienna van. The side window was shattered.
- A backpack containing a Nikon SLR digital camera, two Nikon telescopic lenses and a cleaning kit — valued together at about $1,400 — was stolen from a brown 2007 Ford Explorer parked at Fox and Hound, 910 W. Dundee Road, between 7 and 9 p.m. Dec. 26. The driver’s side window was shattered.
- A black roller bag containing two college textbooks — valued at $100 — was stolen from a brown 2011 Honda CR-V parked at the Arlington Lanes lot, 3435 N. Kennicott Avenue, between 7 and 9:10 p.m. Dec. 26. The passenger side window was shattered, and damage is estimated at between $150 and $200.
Theft of motor vehicle parts
- A catalytic converter, valued at $500, was stolen from a 2005 Honda Element parked at an office building lot, 95 W. Algonquin Road, between 1 and 5:04 p.m. Dec. 22.
- The spare tire support system, including the spare tire — valued at $1,150 — was stolen from a silver 2007 Toyota Sequoia parked in a driveway on the 1500 block of North Lincoln Court. The theft was discovered Dec. 27, but may have occurred earlier at 3:30 a.m. Oct. 11 when the vehicle’s alarm was activated.
Attempted residential burglary
- The patio screen of a home on the 1100 block of North Dale was cut between 10:45 and 11:15 a.m. Dec. 23, but entry was not made into the home because the rear sliding glass door was secured with an anti-slide device.