We want to hear about local dedicated staff members and will highlight one them for our Employee of the Week. Submit your nominations in our comment box below or e-mail the information to Tinley Park Editor Carrie Frillman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Orland Park Editor Ben Feldheim at email@example.com. Be sure to include all of the information that’s featured below.
Now, back to business.
Barbara Carlin-Gilder has worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant for more than five years. In that time she has served couples on their first date, at their weddings and on their anniversaries, and she couldn’t be happier.
Carlin-Gilder’s sense of building relationships, and of building a community within the Cooper’s Hawk walls, earned her high praise from manager Jason Tholen and Patch Employee of the Week honors.
- Employee’s Name: Barbara Carlin-Gilder
- Position: Server
- Time spent working there: Five years and two months.
- Nominated by: Cooper’s Hawk Restaurant Manager Jason Tholen
- Why?: “We pride ourselves on creating community and Barb does that,” Tholen said. “When she is out on the floor she is just making sure that everyone, every guest, feels a part of something and it really does show time after time.”
He added that Carlin-Gilder is, in his words, “the perfect example of someone who demonstrates gracious hospitality.”
- Key to Awesomeness: For Carlin-Gilder, she said that her job allows her the opportunity to ensure her customers have a great experience and always leave with the smile.
“The guests that come in here are looking for a nice relaxing evening with high quality food and wine in an upbeat atmosphere,” she said. “I think that’s very apparent here. Everyone here has a good attitude and loves working here because we have such a terrific product.”
When guests come in to Cooper’s Hawk, what does Carlin-Gilder recommend her guests sip on?
“The Cooper’s Hawk White is excellent. It’s a nice semi-sweet, it goes well with just about everything,” she said. “That’s why I like it, it’s not too dry, it’s not too sweet.”
Want to meet more people nominated as Employee of the Week?