By Nabeha Zegar
Still contemplating what to get Mom for Christmas? We are here to help with five great gifts that are sure to make mom smile.
The countdown is on to Christmas, but in the hustle you still haven’t gotten a gift for perhaps the most deserving person on your list.
Don’t worry. It’s only because you wanted it to be real special, right?
We have a few off-the-beaten-gift-path suggestions to help make her smile this holiday.
- Give the gift of technology. For the moms who love a great book, how about the Amazon Kindle? There are many options to choose from priced at $79 to $199 for the new Kindle Fire. A nice touch would be to download some of her favorite books to her new Kindle before wrapping it up.
- Could your mom use a little pampering? There are many options for indulgent spa service that will leave her feeling refreshed and renewed. If she has a salon/spa that she frequents, then a gift certificate from that salon/spa would be appreciated. Mario Tricoci offers options ranging from a full “Day of Beauty” ($385) to a classic manicure ($25). Elia Day Spa in Oak Forest is offering their Deep Cleansing Facial and Swedish Massage for only $59 each. Spa services make great last minute gifts because you can print the certificate instantly for immediate gift giving.
- Is your mom a wine connoisseur? Then she would love a wine tasting with either you or a small group of her friends. Tasting DeVine in downtown Naperville is quaint with a unique wine cellar atmosphere and a mere $6 fee for tastings. Wine/cheese pairing events are also offered. Great tasting, local wine is offered from Lynfred Wineries. Cooper’s Hawk Winery and Restaurant offers gift cards that would make any wine enthusiast happy. Register for their free Wine Club for special discounts and offers.
- Getaway! Most moms wouldn’t admit it, but many are over-worked and would love to just get away from it all for a while. Southwest Airlines offers gift cards in denominations from $10-$1000 that are fee-free and never expire. A great gift to add on to this for a mom with young children is an offer to babysit while she is away.
- Say Cheese! What mom wouldn’t love a professional photo session to capture her family for years to come? Specials are offered at Orland Square from Picture People, Sears Portait Studio and JCPenny Portrait Studio to fit any budget. Portrait Innovations and Wehmeier Portraits in Orland Park are wonderful options as well. For a unique, on-site photo experience, professional photographers will come to your home or venue and capture your family in their finest.
No matter what gift you give your mother this Christmas, the most important gifts you can give to her cost nothing and are priceless: your time, appreciation and love.